Monday, September 26, 2011

The End Is in Sight

Total so far: 4000.8 miles

Only 300 miles to go!

A photo tour of the last few days:

Breaks Interstate Park (Kentucky side)

Goodbye, Kentucky!

Breaks Interstate Park (Virginia side)

Elk Garden United Methodist Church has been welcoming cyclists since at least 1993.

This is where they let the cyclists sleep: the sanctuary!

The hostel in Rural Retreat, VA, that is technically closed, but the owner let me stay anyway.

The scenery in Virginia, perhaps the most beautiful state I've biked through.

4 comments:

  1. 300 miles must seem like a walk in the park at this point. May it be an easy 300 -- probably less by now. Ride Alex Ride.


    Jean Ralley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down to 200 miles now. And I've finished my last mountains, so it should indeed be pretty easy these last three days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! What an accomplishment!! You must be over the moon. How to celebrate. I don't think ice cream will do this time. What a woman!!

    Jean Ralley

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels surreal. I've been biking for so long that I haven't quite processed the fact that this trip is over. I did get a celebratory ice cream, but you're right, it doesn't quite do it justice.

    ReplyDelete