Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 2: St. Helens, Oregon

Total so far: 91.30 miles

Well, this awesome first blog post is made significantly less awesome by the fact that I can't access my pictures on this computer. The library of St. Helens has graciously put this computer at my disposal, but unfortunately has restricted access to pretty much everything interesting, like my camera.

I began my trip yesterday from Seaside, OR, by dipping my rear tire RAGBRAI-style in the Pacific Ocean. Naturally, the idea is that in a few months time I will dip my front tire in the Pacific.

Tonight will be my first night sleeping in a tent... and my first night camping since sleeping in some tents in a friend's backyard for her birthday in junior high. I'll be camping in a local park. Should be an interesting experience. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Alex, so happy to see you that you have started; Hope it isn't as hot out there as it is in Iowa, if you happen to go through Iowa, there are plenty of people to spend the night with. Have a fun time. Love, Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not near as hot out here, which is nice during the day, but I nearly froze to death my first night camping. I will be glad to get somewhere with warmer nights, not just to keep me warm, but also so that my laundry will actually dry by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les français suivent ton périple... L'honneur de l'amérique est en jeu!
    Merci pour ton power point et pour tes petits cadeaux aux enfants. Nous cherchons encore l'usage d'un petit tuyau tout mou...
    Bises et bon courage à toi.

    Laure

    ReplyDelete